Sustainable Business Network of Washington (SB NOW)

A blog about leveraging the power of business for positive change in the 'Capital of Capitalism.'

Thursday, February 14, 2008

A word of thanks...and farewell

Mike Mielke (left) executive director and co-founder of SB NOW has been lured all the way to the West Coast in a new role with the Silicon Valley Leadership Group. The decision to leave SB NOW was very difficult for him - and us - but we are confident that both Mike and SB NOW are poised for great things in the future. We will all miss Mike's vision, passion, and, above all, his unwavering belief that we can make Washington DC will be a better place to live and work.

On a personal note, I offer a heartfelt thank you for all Mike has done for me personally over the last four years that we have worked together. I will miss you.
John

1 Comments:

  • At 1:31 PM, Blogger Mike Mielke said…

    While my wife Cary and I are sad to leave all our good friends and family in DC, we are very excited by this opportunity and by the chance to locate closer to Cary's family in California.

    I helped create SB NOW to call for and help encourage the transition to a sustainable economy.

    I am confident John and the rest of the SB NOW board will successfully carry on this important work with a sense of passion and purpose to help make the National Capital region a better place to live and work, now and in the future.

    I too will miss John and the rest of the dedicated individuals associated with SB NOW.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home